This is a North Indian recipe is a usual drink of vegetarians and the main ingredient is the Kharbooja or Honeydew Melons with Orange juice (strained). This is quite good to drink during summer.
This pale and yellow fruit is very old in terms of origin and is one of the forms of musk melons or one of its kinds. It is considered a seasonal fruit and quiet famous particularly in the Northern region of India. Just like every melons, this one also helps boost our energy level.
- Four small or two large pieces of Kharbooja or Honeydew Melons
- One cup of strained Santra Ka Raas or a fresh Orange Drink
- One fourth cup of Nimbu Ka Raas fresh Lemon Drink
- Four drops of Khus Essence
- When you prefer the use of small pieces of melons, you may slice off its top so you may use it as a lid later. However, if you are using huge melons it is better to cut them into halves.
- Make a zigzag pattern to cut the edges of the melon.
- Cut some of that thin slice from the bottom so as the melon will be able to stand upright without even tipping. Be careful not to cut its shell.
- Remove or scoop out all of the seeds; make sure they are all gone and then discard.
- Remove or scoop out the melon’s flesh and then start processing them in the blender. Combine or mix the remaining ingredients until it is smooth.
- Put it in the fridge to chill very well and then serve using the shells, if you prefer. Use the lids from the small melons (if you used the small ones) and put a straw.
- Enjoy your Kharbooja sharbat chilled.